Addiction & Mental Health
Public health dietitian consults, advocates, teaches, and researches many topics that relate to food, nutrition and human health. She works with people of all ages, partners with community groups and organizations, and connects with other healthcare providers to help build healthy eating environments and healthy communities.
Examples of areas of work are:
- Maternal and child health
- School health
- Chronic disease prevention
- Food security
Healthy Minds Healthy Children
Education and consultation for Alberta professionals working in child and adolescent addictions and mental health
High River Low Risk Maternity Clinic
Provision of maternity care to Low Risk Obstetrical patients.
Provides care to women throughout their low risk pregnancy, labor, delivery and up to 6 week post-partum period.
- uncomplicated pregnancy with no serious risk factors
- patient must be able and willing to participate in ongoing prenatal care including attending all scheduled appointments
- if we patient develops into high risk, we will refer patient to tertiary care center for care.
- women with pre-pregnancy BMIs of 35 to < 38 will be referred to anaesthesia for an opinion on whether it is safe to deliver them in High River.
- c section and epidural capabilities on site
To support collaborative practice and integrated care planning in support of kids and families involved with Health Region pediatric clinics and programs amongst Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists.
Preschool Oral Health Program
Preschool oral health service is an integral part of the provincial Oral Health Action Plan1 (OHAP) designed to increase equitable access to oral health prevention in vulnerable populations.
Public health shares a common purpose with the larger health care system: to improve quality of life, support people in staying healthy and reduce premature death. The emphasis in public health is on keeping the population healthy, and improving the health of the community through programs and services that promote and protect health and prevent disease, disability and injury.